Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Focus on earthly things

The past few days I've been helping my parents pack their house as they are moving into a smaller house about 1.5 hours away. This has been a great blessing as we are going through everything with my parents and brother. Its funny, we as kids look at things as, I hope to hold onto this once you've passed, or when your gone I'll be sure to give this to my kids. As I found myself the past few days thinking those exact things, a thought hit me....Where is your focus?

WOW!!! It was as if God was saying "child, look to what your true inheritance will be". How often do you really look at the things in your house, apartment, even car and say; "I know someone who will use this" and give it away or sell it.

We focus so much on what we have and what more can we add, that we forget that one day we will be in glory with our maker, and that should be our focus. Somehow that is still not enough.

I'm not looking at everything in my house, inch by inch and putting them in piles. Things I use, things to sell. If I don't use them, I'm getting rid of them. Yes, there are something that have been given from family and friends, but honestly, there are so many without. I found myself praying "God, its all yours". I don't want a fire to burn my house down, but if it did I'm just willing to accept it and move on now.

Thank you Lord for opening my eyes to focus on my eternity and not on these earthly things~


No comments:

Post a Comment